Glossary entries


(Foreigners' Registration Authority)
The “Ausländerbehörde” is the public authority responsible for foreign nationals. This is where you need to apply, if you require a “Aufenthaltstitel” (residence permit) for your stay in Germany. Each administrative district in Germany has its own “Ausländerbehörde”. You can find information on your local Foreigners' Registration Authority on the official website of your city or district.


show all entries